What is your blind spot?
What you can’t see in your blind spot can kill you.
It is true when you are driving.
But it is also true when you are living.
The Apostle Peter had a blind spot. He was certain that his faith was strong enough to withstand any test.
Jesus warned him. But Peter wouldn’t listen. He turned right into his blind spot and it almost killed him.
Fortunately Peter was not in Jesus’ blind spot. Our lesson for this weekend (click here to read) tells us that Jesus looked right at Peter.
Join us this weekend as we try to recognize our own blind spots… and we ask Jesus to look upon us, especially when we fail.
Join us online…
If you can’t join us in person, join our live stream of The Bridge by clicking here on Sunday at 10:15 am.
You can also join us live on Facebook at The Bridge at St. Paul’s.
You can always see a replay of the entire Bridge service on our The Bridge Church Muskego YouTube channel by clicking here.
A library of previous messages is also available (click here).
St. Paul’s Got Talent
I am always amazed at the talent here at St. Paul’s, but this week is especially memorable!
- His Way Album Release Concert– Saturday, March 30th at 6:30 in our Trinity Gym. Join St. Paul’s members Mike and Emily Krill and Julie Fischer, and their friends Megan Halaska and Matt Davy as they release their new album. Learn more at His Way Band on Facebook.
- The Jeremy and Jodi Rynders Family was featured in the Muskego Neighbors magazine. (A scanned copy of the article is attached.) I just learned that Jeremy helped write a book called Knowing Worth and is having a book release party this weekend!
- The latest Forward in Christ features an article entitled “Becoming ‘Those People’” written by St. Paul’s member Bryan Guhr. It is also attached.
- Michele Eiche is performing in Carmine Burana at the Skylight Music Theatre that continues this weekend.
- Mike Westendorf, who just accepted our call to serve as Resident Musical Artist/Director of Video Production, was nominated for his role at Innovative Weather for the Inspiring Student Success Award by the UWM Alumni Association. Mike was also recently named a nominee for the Christian/Gospel Artist of the Year by WAMI (Wisconsin Area Music Industry). He was a speaker about the Family Church at our Synod’s leadership conference in La Crosse recently and will be speaking at the WELS Ministry Conference, July 18-20 at Luther Prep in Watertown.
Speaking of Talent!
Our Lutheran Elementary School Musical Shrek Jr. will be performed by our children in just a couple of weeks!
- Wednesday, April 10 Dress Rehearsal at 1 pm
- Thursday, April 11 at 7 pm
- Friday, April 12 at 7 pm
- Saturday, April 13 at 7 pm
Easter for Kids
And don’t forget about Easter for Kids on Saturday, April 13. Register here. Share the link with a friend.
Me? Friend of Sinners
Finally, our study of Mike Novotny’s book Gay and God in our Me? Friend of All message series (find the entire series by clicking here) has gotten noticed. We were asked by Time of Grace to use our Bible study material as the basis for a study to lead others through this important topic.
May God continue to bless St. Paul’s ministry and may God give us wisdom to use these many talents that he has entrusted to us for the growth of his kingdom. To God alone by the glory!